Discover the power of personal commitment in the newest book from global transformation thought leader Lynne Twist!
Lynne Twist demonstrates how a commitment to a purpose larger than yourself can enliven and empower you. It will enable you to see new possibilities, turn breakdowns into breakthroughs, engage in effective action, and draw on resources and capacities you may not know you have.
Twist shares stories and perspectives gained from her decades as a global thought leader and activist working to end hunger and poverty, protect the Amazon rainforest, empower women’s leadership, and transform people’s relationships with money. Living a Committed Life presents her vision for a world that works for everyone as well as her guiding principles for living a life of commitment and joyous action.
Lynne Twist is a global visionary and pro-activist committed to creating a future that is environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, and social just. She is the cofounder of the Pachamama Alliance, the founder of the Soul of Money Institute, and the author of the bestselling book The Soul of Money. Over the past forty years, she has worked in fifty countries with over 100,000 people as well as with many organizations and companies, inspiring them to expand how they see themselves and empowering them to express their commitment and creativity to secure the future of all life.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Foreword by Van Jones
- Introduction: A Committed Life
- Part I: The Power of Commitment
- Chapter 1: A Splendid Torch
- Chapter 2: Guidance from Source
- Chapter 3: Answering the Call
- Chapter 4: Taking a Stand
- Part II: The Soul of Commitment
- Chapter 5: Transformation
- Chapter 6: Context: The Power of Story
- Chapter 7: The Magic of Possibility
- Chapter 8: Breakdown Into Breakthrough
- Chapter 9: From Scarcity to Sufficiency
- Part III: Challenges, Change And Completion
- Chapter 10: Being Tested
- Chapter 11: Being Proximate to Suffering
- Chapter 12: Loss, Failure and Resilience
- Chapter 13: Closure, Forgiveness and New Openings
- Part IV: Creating Your Committed Life
- Chapter 14: Support for Your Stand
- Chapter 15: Co-Creating an Evolutionary Leap
- Conclusion: What Is Yours to Do?
- Study and Discussion Guide
PUBLISHER: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
PUBLISH DATE: 11/29/2022
Would you like to help promote this book and make it a success?
Here are some great, and easy, ways you can help: