Living a Committed Life: Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself
By Lynne Twist (foreword by Van Jones)
What would life be like if you committed to something larger than yourself? Find out in this inspiring new book from global transformation thought leader and bestselling author Lynne Twist.
By sharing stories and perspectives from her life, Twist reveals her unique experience as a thought leader and activist in multiple causes, from ending world hunger and protecting the Amazon rainforest to empowering women's leadership. The book presents the guiding principles that have enabled her own success and that turn inspiration into action for everyone.
- Porchlight's 2022 Business Book Awards finalist (Personal Development & Human Behavior)
- Selected by Oprah Daily as a best book for 2023
ORDER A SIGNED COPY! 🖋
Book Passage has copies with a signed note from Lynne. Order with Book Passage and request a signed copy in the “Order Comments” at checkout. ➡️
Now available in paperback. ORDER NOW!
Discover the power of personal commitment in the newest book from global transformation thought leader Lynne Twist!
Lynne Twist demonstrates how a commitment to a purpose larger than yourself can enliven and empower you. It will enable you to see new possibilities, turn breakdowns into breakthroughs, engage in effective action, and draw on resources and capacities you may not know you have.
Living a Committed Life demonstrates the power of dedication that goes beyond the self and teaches how to live a committed life that enables your most authentic self. In five parts, Lynne Twist shows how to make and keep commitments, engage in individual and collective action, and discover ways to connect and collaborate to make a difference.
Lynne Twist is a global visionary and pro-activist committed to creating a future that is environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, and socially just. She is the cofounder of the Pachamama Alliance, the founder of the Soul of Money Institute, and the author of the bestselling book The Soul of Money. Over the past forty years, she has worked in fifty countries with over 100,000 people as well as with many organizations and companies, inspiring them to expand how they see themselves and empowering them to express their commitment and creativity to secure the future of all life.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Foreword by Van Jones
- Introduction: A Committed Life
- Part I: The Power of Commitment
- Chapter 1: A Splendid Torch
- Chapter 2: Guidance from Source
- Chapter 3: Answering the Call
- Chapter 4: Taking a Stand
- Part II: The Soul of Commitment
- Chapter 5: Transformation
- Chapter 6: Context: The Power of Story
- Chapter 7: The Magic of Possibility
- Chapter 8: Breakdown Into Breakthrough
- Chapter 9: From Scarcity to Sufficiency
- Part III: Challenges, Change And Completion
- Chapter 10: Being Tested
- Chapter 11: Being Proximate to Suffering
- Chapter 12: Loss, Failure and Resilience
- Chapter 13: Closure, Forgiveness and New Openings
- Part IV: Creating Your Committed Life
- Chapter 14: Support for Your Stand
- Chapter 15: Co-Creating an Evolutionary Leap
- Conclusion: What Is Yours to Do?
- Study and Discussion Guide
PUBLISHER: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
PUBLISH DATE: 11/29/2022
Living A Committed Life: Book Launch Event Recording
Living A Committed Life: Short Intro by Lynne
Would you like to help promote this book and make it a success?
Here are some great, and easy, ways you can help:
The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life
By Lynne Twist
The Soul of Money is a wise and inspiring exploration of the connection between money and a fulfilling life.
This compelling and fundamentally liberating book shows us that examining our attitudes toward money– how we earn it, spend it, invest it, and give it away–can offer surprising insight into our lives, our values and the essence of prosperity.
Through moving stories and practical principles, Lynne demonstrates how we can replace feelings of scarcity and guilt with experiences of sufficiency and freedom. Lynne shares from her own life and work, a journey illuminated by remarkable encounters with the richest and poorest people on earth, from the famous (Mother Teresa and the Dalai Lama) to the anonymous but unforgettable heroes of everyday life.