The work of Soul of Money Institute is inspired by the powerful life experiences of Lynne Twist as a global fundraiser for The Hunger Project and the Pachamama Alliance and as detailed in her book, The Soul of Money. Lynne has worked with some of the most resource poor and resource rich people on earth; and as a result, she shares a profound experience of humanity’s relationship with money through the work of the Institute.
The Soul of Money Institute addresses the dysfunction and suffering that most people have in their relationship with money, and we are bringing a new level of consciousness to the way money impacts our life and society.
The Soul of Money Institute was founded to create a context of sufficiency, responsibility and integrity for individuals and organizations in their relationship with money.
Lynne Twist provides a unique, intelligent and soul-centered look at how we can release the burden of having or not having money. She brings inspiration and possibility to an area of life that most of us believe is unchangeable.
The Soul of Money Institute provides transformational and educational programs that inspire and empower individuals, organizations, and institutions to:
- Align the acquisition and allocation of their financial resources with their most deeply held values.
- Move from an economy of fear, consumption, and scarcity, to an economy of sufficiency, sustainability, and generosity.
- Generate an expanding flow of resources toward the affirmation of life and the common good.
- Enable people to relate to money and the money culture with greater freedom, power, and effectiveness.
The Soul of Money Institute’s work is based upon the following principles:
- Prosperity flows from sufficiency — the recognition of enough.
- Each individual makes a difference.
- What we appreciate appreciates.
- Collaboration generates prosperity.
- Our legacy is what we live – not what we leave.
- Gratefulness is the heart of generosity.
- Global citizenship is the natural outcome of an awakening consciousness.
In a nation and world divided more sharply than ever between the haves and have-nots, where millionaires’ desires are filled before children’s and the poor’s needs, The Soul of Money reminds us that when you follow the money, you find out what we really care about and that there are choices that will lead down a new, more just path.
The Soul of Money is an inspired and utterly fascinating book. It will change the way you think about money.
Lynne Twist has a remarkable ability to cast spiritual light on the subject of money. This book is a true gift.